It’s official, BMW and PSA signed an agreement to further the development of the 4-cylinder engine that can be found in the MINI. This is great news, as this is a good engine. Below is the official announcement from BMW.Paris. The BMW Group and PSA Peugeot Citroën will continue their successful engine collaboration. An agreement to that effect was signed by Norbert Reithofer, Chairman of the Board of Management of BMW AG, and Philippe Varin, Chairman of the Managing Board of PSA Peugeot Citroën, in Paris. The two companies have agreed to develop the next generation of the jointly designed 4-cylinder petrol engine which will meet EU 6 requirements. Currently, the engine is being used in several MINI, Peugeot and Citroën brand models. The partners have also confirmed to examine other possible areas for cooperation at systems and component level, with the aim of leveraging synergies in the development, production and procurement of selected components. “We have always been very successful in our cooperation with our partners, and that is particularly true with regard to PSA. We are delighted to continue our engine cooperation and look into options for further collaboration.” said Reithofer. PSA Peugeot Citroën’s Chairman of the Managing Board Varin declared “this new agreement with BMW is confirming the success of the cooperation between our two companies which has produced 1.3 million engines since 2006. I am confident that the next generation of jointly developed engines will reach the same success as the current generation”.
Here I'll post pics and news of various MINI's
- 2012 MINI Cooper JCW GP Official release 2012/09/06A limited-edition road car with race track-developed technology, the MINI John Cooper Works GP is the sportiest and fastest production model ever built under the nameplate of this British premium brand. The MINI John Cooper Works GP will cost £28,790 in the UK. It will make its world debut at the Paris Motor Show (29 […]
- Emission-free MINI 2011/04/20Absolutely emission-free – the MINI on two wheels. Car boot-compatible folding bike for urban mobility. 20.04.2011 Press Release Munich. MINI presents the eco-friendly solution to the parking space problem in city centres. The brand is celebrating the comeback of the folding bike with a modern version of the practical means of locomotion. The special gimmick […]
- nxtMINI podcast episode 15 2011/01/15On this episode of nxtMINI podcast we cover the 2011 Detroit Auto Show (NAIAS) MINI Paceman Concept, December sales figures, MINI Connected with Pandora and other information. So tune in and enjoy! Motor On! nxtMINI podcast episode 015
- 2012 MINI Cooper JCW GP Official release 2012/09/06
- BMW Concept 8 Series introduced at Pebble BeachWe’ve seen the BMW 8 Series Concept before. We’ve even seen live photos before. And we’ve shown them all to you before. But we’re gonna … The article BMW Concept 8 Series introduced at Pebble Beach appeared first on BMW BLOG
- Studio, close-up shots of the BMW Concept Z4BMW is showcasing today in Pebble Beach a glimpse at the future of its successor – the BMW Concept Z4. Along with the Concept … The article Studio, close-up shots of the BMW Concept Z4 appeared first on BMW BLOG
- First live photos of BMW Concept Z4 at Pebble BeachWe bring you the first live photos of the BMW Concept Z4 unveiled today at Pebble Beach. BMW Group head of design, Adrian Van Hooydonk … The article First live photos of BMW Concept Z4 at Pebble Beach appeared first on BMW BLOG
- BMW Concept 8 Series introduced at Pebble Beach
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- RT @DetroitTuned: We now have access to code, program, and modify your F56 ECS's! fb.me/868yfo930--------- 1 year ago
- RT @jcwchris: I just backed The Dragon US129 MINI Cooper Limited Print Poster on @Kickstarter @joshamman #minicooper kickstarter.com/projects/76628…--------- 2 years ago
- RT @DetroitTuned: Don't forget to do basic service. Plugs from a R56 Cooper. fb.me/6pNVjErKN--------- 3 years ago